Brazilian wonder kid Oscar snubs Chelsea

Posted: July 13, 2012 in Sports

Brazilian wonder kid Oscar has denied reports suggesting Chelsea have agreed a deal with Internacional for his services.
Chelsea and Tottenham have been heavily linked with a move for the 20-year-old and reports earlier in the week claimed the Blues were close to completing a £22million deal.

However Oscar has played down the rumours saying he knows nothing of Chelsea’s interest and says his club have yet to accept any offers from clubs in Europe.

“I do not know news about Chelsea,’ Oscar told Globo. I know that some European clubs are interested in me but I have spoken with the president, Giovanni Luigi, and he insists that they still have not received any formal offer.”

The playmaker is currently with the Brazilian squad preparing for the Olympics and it is highly unlikely that any deal will be agreed before then but Chelsea could grab an opportunity to speak to the player while he is in London.

Meanwhile Chelsea are also very keen on Sao Paulo starlet Lucas Moura and a double samba swoop could be on the cards before the transfer window closes.

follow@iamowolewa

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s